Toys with Fantasy Theme?!
Received a note from Rachel's teacher yesterday.....nope, she was not naughty....just that it was a note to remind parents that there's a Thematic learning activity in school with Fantasy as the theme.
I am supposed to collect the following items for Rachel to bring to school on Friday:
1. Empty boxes ........ this is easily done
2. Toys with fantasy theme (e.g. fairies, elves, orges) ..... errrrrrrrrrrrrrr
When I asked hubby which one of Rachel's toys meet that fantasy theme, the first thing that he said was... "let her take miffy lah!" ..... errrrrr.....my dear, miffy is a TOY RABBIT.... of japanese descendant..... hmmmm..... where is the fantasy element to it???????
Then, hubby said..."like that ah....barney lah...."
If I would have continued asking him, he would have just named all of Rachel's toys.....
I chatted with my friend, who's 4 year old goes to the same school. She told me that all kids in the school will be enjoying the same thematic activity in school, and at the end of the month, the kids will have to dress up according to the theme.... how exciting!!!! but of course, I will have to worry about the dressing part later!!!!
Meanwhile, she "educated" me on what her girl will be bringing to school. Her daughter collected some SHREK toys from McDonalds, and she will be bringing maybe another one of her soft toy. It's really up to the parents imagination. And when I asked her whether Pooh the bear and Barney the dinosaur counts....she says it does not really matter.... it's not that strict..... I am definitely a first timer from the sounds of it...... *embarassed*
Anyway, she reminded me that the toys will be staying in school for the next 2 weeks. hmmm..... something to think about, just in case Rachel misses Barney and Pooh.
So, during lunch, I went to McDonalds, and bought myself a Happy Meal .... and the meal came with a My Little Pony toy figurine.... errrr..... close to a unicorn??!?!?! or any other fantasy horse?!?!?!
......how desperate am I!!!!!!!
ok ok....maybe have to re-think about sending Miffy as well......
I am supposed to collect the following items for Rachel to bring to school on Friday:
1. Empty boxes ........ this is easily done
2. Toys with fantasy theme (e.g. fairies, elves, orges) ..... errrrrrrrrrrrrrr
When I asked hubby which one of Rachel's toys meet that fantasy theme, the first thing that he said was... "let her take miffy lah!" ..... errrrrr.....my dear, miffy is a TOY RABBIT.... of japanese descendant..... hmmmm..... where is the fantasy element to it???????
Then, hubby said..."like that ah....barney lah...."
If I would have continued asking him, he would have just named all of Rachel's toys.....
I chatted with my friend, who's 4 year old goes to the same school. She told me that all kids in the school will be enjoying the same thematic activity in school, and at the end of the month, the kids will have to dress up according to the theme.... how exciting!!!! but of course, I will have to worry about the dressing part later!!!!
Meanwhile, she "educated" me on what her girl will be bringing to school. Her daughter collected some SHREK toys from McDonalds, and she will be bringing maybe another one of her soft toy. It's really up to the parents imagination. And when I asked her whether Pooh the bear and Barney the dinosaur counts....she says it does not really matter.... it's not that strict..... I am definitely a first timer from the sounds of it...... *embarassed*
Anyway, she reminded me that the toys will be staying in school for the next 2 weeks. hmmm..... something to think about, just in case Rachel misses Barney and Pooh.
So, during lunch, I went to McDonalds, and bought myself a Happy Meal .... and the meal came with a My Little Pony toy figurine.... errrr..... close to a unicorn??!?!?! or any other fantasy horse?!?!?!
......how desperate am I!!!!!!!
ok ok....maybe have to re-think about sending Miffy as well......
Labels: Activities, School



2 Comments:
Schools nowadays sure take things seriously. Was it like this during our days? Hmm.. at 2 yrs old, i wasn't even at school.
hahahaha......moms are getting more kiasu these days....
I think we did enjoy kindergarten during our time. But not this early i guess....again, me being kiasu here....
Post a Comment
<< Home