Sunday, March 29, 2009

3 years and 7 months


Rachel turns 3 years and 7 months today. Another 5 more months, and she will be 4! How much my little darling has grown....

At this age, Rachel can converse fluently, albeit grammatical errors here and there. Her first language is still English, and she's trying very hard to pick up cantonese.

Rachel is still in her Terrible Threes.... she whines a lot, and the only person who can really discipline her is yours truly....and I am now officially the bad cop. Most of the time, when I eavesdrop snippets of her conversations.... they sometimes end with her saying... "cannot....afterwards Mummy scold!!!!"

Rachel loves lil Ken loads. She wants to kiss and hold him all the time... And she does understand that he needs my attention more at the moment. Though, I sometimes do feel really bad that I have not been spending enough time with her. I should remind myself not to push my luck too much with her understanding...

She has stopped school for a month now, and I know she misses her friends and teachers. She will be attending school again in August, when we move to Kuwait.

Rachel still wants company during her nap time, and when she wakes up, if she does not see anyone of us, she will start bawling. I am trying my best to train her in that area... as I would selfishly like to not share a room with her when we move to Kuwait. My plan is for her to room-in with lil Ken.... We will see how that goes...

Rachel still loves Barney and the Friends series. Her favourite Friends episode is where Phoebe is admitted to the hospital to deliver the triplets.... We have added in some Barbie Princesses shows into her repertoire of TV shows. However, she wants me to fast-forward all the "bad woman" or "dragon" or "witch" parts of the shows.... She only likes the lovely balls, nice singing and pretty princesses parts.

At this age, she is into everything PINK and PRINCESS. Even her new electric toothbrush is of a princess theme. She loves dresses...especially pink dresses, and these days, she rather wear dresses instead of pants and t-shirts.

Rachel had her first dentist visit, but the only thing she allowed the dentist to do is to have a look. As per her wishes, nothing was poked into her mouth....

Rachel's attention span is pretty short, though at the moment, I am proud to see her enjoying 70-pieces jigsaw puzzles (of princess theme....)....

Statistically, she is still at 14kg...but I can see her growing taller, standing at 100cm now!!!! Her paed said she's developing fine...so, all's well physically.

.......with all this, she is sweet, adorable, cute, cheeky.....shy at times.... but most importantly, my precious darling....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home