Rachel's upset
Hubby and I attended a wedding dinner last night. We dropped Rachel at my in-law’s place at 6pm. Told R that we were going to work, and she willingly said and waved bye-bye to us.
The card said 7pm. So, we made sure we arrived before that. I am not too sure why, but Chinese wedding dinners generally starts later than what is stated in the invite!
Anyway, as expected, the dinner only started at 8.30pm. We called to ensure that Rachel was fine with MIL and FIL.
By 10pm, hubby and I were feeling a bit uneasy about being away from Rachel this late. At 10.10pm, I received a call from FIL, telling me that Rachel is looking for me…and she does not want to settle down to rest/sleep.
So, hubby and I raced back from the hotel (dinner was only halfway thru)…arrived at MIL’s at 10.45pm. MIL was carrying Rachel. I carried Rachel to the car, and to compensate for our night absence, I allowed her to sit in front with me (very bad practice, I must say). And, it was quite obvious that Rachel was PISSED!!! As she ignored both of us the whole journey back home! She refused to answer or acknowledge us when we spoke and sang to her!!!! My daughter has character!!!!! Not a good one though!
Throughout the night, before we go to bed, Rachel refused to acknowledge her daddy. She refused to sit on the same couch to watch Barney (while I bathe) with her daddy. She refused everything….and she woke up a few times at night, crying…..
Rachel is upset……
Both hubby and I feel so guilty, we went to buy a new Sesame Street for Rachel during lunch. And also, we pledged to spend some quality time with her tonight, by eating grapes…..hahahahaha….what kind of parents we are….easily manipulated by a barely-2-year-old girl…
The card said 7pm. So, we made sure we arrived before that. I am not too sure why, but Chinese wedding dinners generally starts later than what is stated in the invite!
Anyway, as expected, the dinner only started at 8.30pm. We called to ensure that Rachel was fine with MIL and FIL.
By 10pm, hubby and I were feeling a bit uneasy about being away from Rachel this late. At 10.10pm, I received a call from FIL, telling me that Rachel is looking for me…and she does not want to settle down to rest/sleep.
So, hubby and I raced back from the hotel (dinner was only halfway thru)…arrived at MIL’s at 10.45pm. MIL was carrying Rachel. I carried Rachel to the car, and to compensate for our night absence, I allowed her to sit in front with me (very bad practice, I must say). And, it was quite obvious that Rachel was PISSED!!! As she ignored both of us the whole journey back home! She refused to answer or acknowledge us when we spoke and sang to her!!!! My daughter has character!!!!! Not a good one though!
Throughout the night, before we go to bed, Rachel refused to acknowledge her daddy. She refused to sit on the same couch to watch Barney (while I bathe) with her daddy. She refused everything….and she woke up a few times at night, crying…..
Rachel is upset……
Both hubby and I feel so guilty, we went to buy a new Sesame Street for Rachel during lunch. And also, we pledged to spend some quality time with her tonight, by eating grapes…..hahahahaha….what kind of parents we are….easily manipulated by a barely-2-year-old girl…
Labels: Development



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home