Friday, September 14, 2007

last day of trial school

Over the last few days, MIL sent and stayed with R in school, and it seems that she enjoyed herself a lot. However, she needed to know that MIL was just nearby.

Today, I decided to send R to school, as it's her last day for trial, and I wanted to see whether we should start her formally in school NOW, or in January.

Before driving her to school, I started prepping her, telling her that I will leave her there and go to work. She was fine and kept on telling me "OK"....

At school, I was proud to see her walk into her class on her own. It was a breakthrough, according to Ms Lee, her teacher. I waited awhile, before peeping to see how she was doing. Alas, R saw me, and started asking for me.....It took us quite a while, but finally, between Ms Lee and I, we decided that it may be the right time to let her "cry it out".... I left the school after a few hugs....and sat in the car. She was sobbing a bit.....but according to Ms Lee, that only lasted for 10 mins... another breakthrough!!!! (I called back every half an hour to see how she's doing....he, he.....)

I am still deliberating on whether to let her continue school.....but she seems to be enjoying school a lot....after the crying bit....hmmm... how fickle and undecisive I am.....

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Leslie Wang said...

Wel done for the big step forward!

10:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home