Monday, June 08, 2009

Bathing time

When Rachel was Kenneth's age, it took 2 of us to bathe her every nite. And she only takes her bath once a day. She was not so water-savvy as Kenneth is now.

Kenneth simply loves bathtimes. When he sees me filling up the tub, he gets all excited and starts kicking. Putting him in the bathtub with his neckfloat is now part of his bedtime routine. I find that he sleeps better after a warm bath at night.

When we first put him with the neckfloat, he will calmly float with it, and sometimes, nearly falling asleep as well. These days, he is more aggressive, kicking real fast from one end of the tub to the other, and always hitting into his sister. And also, he has learned how to dunk his head backwards, overcoming the float and dipping his head into the water....like this...



and he is not scared and does not fuss, even if his whole head dips into the water. We NEVER leave him alone in the bathtub, even with his neckfloat. Nowadays, I keep my hands near him just in case as well!!!!



This is how he tries to turn and kick to the other side at the same time..

During his morning bath, I don't put him in the big bathtub. I use another smaller tub for him, and he loves trying to catch the drizzle of water from the tap...



and playing with the cup.....

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home