Monday, January 11, 2010

Sleeping routines

Since Rachel was born, I seldom get a dreamless good night of sleep. The only nights I am away from Rachel was when I was away for work (she will be with her daddy then), or when I was on holiday with her daddy (she will then be with my parents).... And those nights are really scarce. I don't think it even makes up 0.1% of the nights so far.... As for Kenneth, I have NOT left his side even for a single night. And he is turning one in 4 days time.....

Every evening, before we go to bed, I wonder how the night will be for me. Of course, I will be praying for a good night's sleep. Nature has it that even if the boy sleeps through the night, the girl will wake up in the midst of her dreams and call out to me. Also, most of the time, when I do wake up in the middle of the night, I am not too sure which room I am in....whether I am in my own bedroom, or the children's room... How tired out can I be!!!!! So, really.... I have not had a dreamless 8 hours of sleep for a VERY VERY long time.

Last night was classic. Kenneth decided to fall asleep at 7pm. Then, woke up at 8pm, played till 10.30pm, when all of us decided to go to bed. At 3.40am, I woke up, thinking how great my kids were, sleeping without waking me up and it was already past 3am.... and lo behold, the boy decided to wake me up at 3.49am.... I carried him to Rachel's king size bed (yes, she sleeps on a king size bed, and still manages to kick us at our ribs whenever we decide to sleep with her....) fed him, hoping it won't take long, and he will just go back to bed. Instead, he was wide awake after feeding him for 15 mins. He pushed my breasts away, started rolling on his sister's bed, and decided that it was fun to climb onto his sister. Rachel just rolled away and continue sleeping. Before I could reach out to him, Kenneth decided to pull Rachel's hair instead....HARD!!!

It took me nearly an hour before he slept again... How tired do you think I am this morning....

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Regina said...

So I think the 8 hours of sleeping time is priceless for you now...I think you're slim due to that too?

7:53 am  
Blogger rach-mommy said...

hahaha...cannot call myself slim. just tired:)

8:21 am  
Blogger Mommy said...

yet u still have energy & time to blog. U must have a clone.

1:20 pm  
Blogger rach-mommy said...

no clone, just 2 cups of really strong caramel cappuccino this morning:)

1:33 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Reading it I already feel so tired... Jay Sern is waking up less nowadays which I am thankful for... At least Jay Syn doesn't stir at night.... so I can imagine how tired you are

10:05 pm  
Blogger rach-mommy said...

wei kee, can't wait till kenneth is jay sern's age then....hehehehe

5:07 am  
Blogger eileen said...

Poor Mommy :-(
I totally understand.. I am in the same boat. Aiden wakes up at least twice a night and looks for me. I am the human pacifier. Ack!

5:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home