Stomach virus
I started Oatmeal cereal for Kenneth on Saturday morning. He loves it!
Then, in the afternoon, he started poo-ing more often than before. So, I thought it was the oatmeal. So, decided to lay off the oatmeal first.
Today, he started poo-ing every hour, and this time, it is dark green and watery.
Brought him to the hospital and doc assured me it was most likely not that oatmeal. Coz if it is, it would have passed after the first day. It's a virus in his stomach.
So, he has advised me to start him on apple puree. Supposed to harden his stools....
Also, doc prescribed a Mustela Face Cream for him, as his face is quite chappy...
Kenneth has not put on a lot of weight since a month before. He is now 8.9kg (coming to 5 months old already), and 69.5cm long. He has only put on 0.3kg in the last month... Unlike the last visit, he screamed and cried out really loud when the nurses weighed and measured him. I guess he has developed strangers anxiety????
Oh, and the bill today came up to RM320.....pricey....
Then, in the afternoon, he started poo-ing more often than before. So, I thought it was the oatmeal. So, decided to lay off the oatmeal first.
Today, he started poo-ing every hour, and this time, it is dark green and watery.
Brought him to the hospital and doc assured me it was most likely not that oatmeal. Coz if it is, it would have passed after the first day. It's a virus in his stomach.
So, he has advised me to start him on apple puree. Supposed to harden his stools....
Also, doc prescribed a Mustela Face Cream for him, as his face is quite chappy...
Kenneth has not put on a lot of weight since a month before. He is now 8.9kg (coming to 5 months old already), and 69.5cm long. He has only put on 0.3kg in the last month... Unlike the last visit, he screamed and cried out really loud when the nurses weighed and measured him. I guess he has developed strangers anxiety????
Oh, and the bill today came up to RM320.....pricey....
Labels: Development



2 Comments:
In Oz, they dont recommend intro solids until 6 mths. What made u decide to start Ken at 4 mths? They used to say 4 mths but for whatever reasons they changed it now.
I started Kenneth on solids 2 weeks ago. On rice cereal. Just tried oatmeal on saturday.
i did the same for rachel during her time.
well, i dun give a lot. the solids are not his main meals. reason why i start so early is, i find that it's better to get them used to the taste of eating something other than milk from my breast. when they truly need the nutrition from solids at 6 months old, they will be easier to feed and have no qualms about eating solids. I have had friends who started late, and ended up having difficulties getting their kids used to solids when they do need the nutrition.
But then, it's all up to the individual kid, I guess. It's more fun for me feeding ken now, as I am not pressured to make sure he takes enough. So, it's more of developing his skills rather than feeding him.
Post a Comment
<< Home